Sunday, 5 January 2014

Looking back

I have just noticed that I hadn't posted on my blog at all in 2013. I had so many things happen during the year that I spent most of it being stressed out, ill or looking after one person or another.
My daughter Kaitlin had an appendicitous in April. We had to rush her to hospital for an operation and they took out her appendix within a few hours. I have never been so worried as I was that day but thankfully because of our wonderful doctor and then great doctors at the hospital she did really well. I couldn't thank them all enough, including the nurses that took care of her too.

Kaitlin

Also this year my husband Phil had to have a new knee. He had an accident 20 years ago which badly damaged his leg and he came to the point now where he was struggling to walk very much. He had over 14 weeks off and still isn't fully recovered. His physiotherapy is still continuing as they try to get him walking without a limp. He had to have part of his shin bone shaved away to straighten his leg too. It was really bowed out from the damage to his leg. Already he is walking without pain which is something that he hasn't done for a long long time.
Heres Phil being a best man

We went to Cyprus in May at Phils mate Wilky was marrying his long time partner Andrea. We did have a fabulous time and the rest did us the world of good.
Me, Kaitlin, Joe and Phil

My eldest son has gone off to University in September. He is in Newcastle which is 3 + hours away from us so we only got to see him twice before Christmas. He has just been home for 3 weeks though which was great.

                                                                     Will and Kaitlin

Sx

No comments: