Friday, 6 January 2012
Relaxing waiting for a show and trying to keep cool
In this pic Joe was playing with the dolphins through the glass. He is kicking a ball and they are following it.
On my birthday
Mr Giraffe pulling tongues for the camera
Joe interacting with the whales at sea world
Wednesday, 4 January 2012
Well here is another year and another set of aims to try to accomplish. As I always say it doesn't matter in the great scheme of things if I do them or not but for me its a little reminder each year.
So here goes,
1. Loose weight
Im putting this at the top this year as I am so fed up with it. I loose weight then I put it on. Its a never ending circle. So instead of thinking Ive got to loose 4 stone I have a plan. Im going to aim for 5 LBs a month. Now that sounds do-able doesn't it. I am going to post on here each month how Ive done too just to keep me going.
2. Get Fit
Now this goes hand in hand with num 1 but again I keep joining the gym and getting reasonably fit and then I give up. So my plan is to do something for 30mins a day. I will start off just doing 3 lots of 10 mins until I build myself up to a full 30 mins. I have a great little helper in my daughter who likes to think she is Jillian Michaels from the biggest looser.. If I enlist in her help she will make sure I get up and do it.
3. To get more creative with my photos
So now I have been taking more photos I need to get them off the computer and on the wall or into photo books or in scrapbooks. I had a new computer for christmas with the intention that I can finally have my own space to do my own work so I have no excuses. I have finally downloaded the last of my holiday pictures tonight so I have a few things to keep me busy straight away.
4. To build on my Bear Business
So last year I made more bears, this year I want to carry that on and build on it.
5. To blog more
Quite simply I love reading back on my blog and looking through my photos so I need to get on and update it more often. So my aim is to do a post a week, even if its just to add a picture.
I think that shall be enough for this year but I will leave you with one of my favourite photos from last year.
Monday, 2 January 2012
I wish everyone a Happy New Year for 2012.
I can't believe how quick time flies when you turn 21, next minute you are in your forties.... I haven't updated my blog for a while as life has been so busy round here ( excuses I know ). Anyway it is traditional of me to write my goals and aims down each year and also to go through last years just to see how I did.
So here goes. This was the list I gave myself at the beginning of the year.
1. To learn digital scrapbooking. Well I have learnt a lot this year but haven't had the time to do it that often but overall Im pleased with the fact I do know more that I did at the start of the year.
2. To take more photos. Yes I defiantly have taken a lot of photos. I haven't done anything with most of them though but I have taken them.
3. Loose weight. Grrr this is my least favourite goal ever. I struggle so much with it that its not funny now. I did loose weight again for my holiday in August which was fab but slowly and surely I have now put most of it back on.
4. To decorate the house. Well 3 rooms were started. I decorated my conservatory and we changed it round to an office, playroom and sitting room. We got new desks from ikea and sorted a lot out. We have now ordered a new sofa which should be here at the beginning of february ( a really good buy in sales ) so it shouldn't be far off then. Just a new rug etc. Also I changed all the curtains and bedding in my bedroom, so the room does look different. I didn't decorate as I didn't think it needed it but the walls do look a bit shabby now. I also had to get a new bed for K as her cot bed broke so I did her room up a little when we had the new bed. So not exactly what I wanted but a start....
5. To make more bears. Well I succeeded with this one. I did make more bears and luckily they all found new homes. I did 4 fairs in this country and then 3 on the internet. I advertised more and have tried to get my name out there. I had a new shop supply my bears in America and I carried on with the shops I supplied already. So I did have a great year with the bears and got to meet lots of lovely collectors in the process.
6. To pay it forward. Well this is a tricky one, how can you possibly judge this. I have been more considerate and kind and I have helped people where I can but I can't help thinking I could of done a lot more with this one. I am pleased with what I did do though.
So thats it, all my aims for the last year. Not too bad at all I think. So watch this space for the new ones I will put up for this year.