Sunday, 17 July 2011
Friday, 1 July 2011
Check out the website as you caan vote for your favorite bear out of the 75 on show. Im so excited about this show in 2 weeks time and I am busy creating lots of new bears especially for the show.
Monday, 20 June 2011
Wednesday, 13 April 2011
Sunday, 20 March 2011
Monday, 14 March 2011
Sunday, 13 March 2011
Tuesday, 1 March 2011
We had a fabulous weekend in London and a great show at Hugglets. As always it was superbly orgainised and there were lots of people there. I wanted to thank everyone who came to say hi and a big thankyou to all of you that adopted a Scruffie Bear. My new designs went down a treat too.
Right I must get back to it, not enough hours in the day!!!!
Friday, 25 February 2011
I would love for anyone to pop over and say hi as I have lots of new designs that I have created.
Im also offering a discount of 10% to all my blog readers at the fair if you mention that you have read my blog.
Hope to see you there...
Wednesday, 9 February 2011
Enough is enough now... I don't want to put all the weight back on. Imagine how I would feel then...
So new start tomorrow morning. I have got the summer to look forward to and I want to be able to wear the beautiful skirts I bought last year. I have my gym membership until June so Im starting some classes on Saturday.
I have had to write this down as I just feel so awful I need a kick up the bum to get going.
So hear goes. I think I will write on here how much Ive lost each month so watch this space....
Wednesday, 2 February 2011
Tuesday, 11 January 2011
Saturday, 8 January 2011
1. I would like to learn digital scrapbooking this year. Im still getting to grips with Photoshop Elements and I like what you can create on it. I want to create alot of digital layouts through out the year and have them made into a book. A year in our life so to speak. I saw it on someones blog and I really liked the idea.
2. To carry on taking as many pictures as possible and to get more organised in printing them and storing them.
3. Loose weight. I would like to carry on where I left off and loose 3 stone before the summer. I liked being able to wear lots of nice clothes in the summer and if we do go on holiday it would make me feel better. I am going to take my stats at the beginning of each month and document it too. I saw this on another blog and thought it was a great idea.
4. I want to decorate my whole house this year. I haven't decorated for along time and everywhere is shabby. The biggest obsticle I have is money. I am on a tight budget so I am only going to buy things that are 1. On sale 2. Given to me 3. Second Hand 4. Very good Value or 5. Handmade. I will start by decluttering and sell some of my clutter on ebay etc where I can build up a fund to start me off. ( This is a biggy as there is so much to do in our house ).
5. To focus more on the bears. I have arranged 5 fairs this year including an online show. I worked on some new designs towards the end of last year and I was really pleased with how they turned out. My downfall is I don't promote myself enough. Apart from the fairs I don't tend to get out there with the bears so thats my aim.
6. To Pay it back more in 2011. I am very very lucky to have a wonderful life and family. I have had my bad times too so I know what it feels like but I am grateful for all the things I have and know that alot of people aren't so lucky. I would like to take time think about what I do and the effect it will have on others and if I can help anyone I will ( I do always try to to this but I recently read something that really touched me so much that I am making it one of my goals).
Well I think 6 is enough don't you. Lets see how I get on. Heres a pic of Phil and I from our Holiday in the summer.
Monday, 3 January 2011
1. To loose at least 2 stone
Weight loss is always on my list. I have battled with my weight all my life. I have found as I get older the weight has stopped me getting on with life like I should. I get out of breath easier, I have a bad back etc.
Well I lost 3.5 stone up to August for my holiday( I did manage to put 1.5 stone back on though from August to now) so I can say I did manage this one for a change. 2 stone lighter yay.......A long way to go still but I don't feel as bad.
2. To try out more recipies
I wanted to eat much better this year and that included all my family so more home cooking was the way to go.
Yes I did this one too. I now make meals from scratch most of the time. I have learnt to make alot of healthier food. My family haven't been ill through it either so thats a bonus. ( honestly if you asked any of my family 5 years ago about my cooking they would of laughed).
3. To learn to use Photoshop Elements
This is a program you spend years learning how to use.
I made alot of progress. I completed 2 more courses and Im developing a folder of techniques I can look back on. Still alot more to learn but Im happy.
4. To take more pics
I have a fabulous camera and I wanted to use it more. I also got a little camera for my handbag so I am always able to take a photo.
I have taken over 700 pictures this year, 300 of those were on holiday but I think Ive done quite well. Its the editing and printing them now that needs to worked on.
Thats how I did. Not bad at all. They were not big things in the grand scheme of life but just little things that make my life easier. Now to the goals for 2011.....
Sunday, 2 January 2011
It was really funny though because my father in law rang up at 1pm to see if we were all alright as he had driven past and all the curtains were shut.......